Types of Businesses Regulated:
As required by the State of California, inspections are conducted at
the following types of businesses:
Auto body shops
- Auto repair shops
- Auto sales, lease and rental facilities
- Equipment rental businesses
- Facilities that have coverage under the State's General Industrial Stormwater Permit.
- Gas stations
Stormwater Ordinance Exemptions:
Sacramento County Code Chapter 15.12 (County Stormwater Ordinance) section
100, prohibits non-stormwater discharges to the County's storm drainage system
and local waters. This means that only stormwater and 18 exempted non-stormwater
type discharges that are specified in the ordinance, may be discharged into the
storm drainage system by businesses and other dischargers. Examples of
the 18 allowable discharges include:
- Discharges from potable water sources.
- Landscape irrigation overflows.
- Individual, residential vehicle washing discharges.
Refer to Article
2 , in
Sacramento County's stormwater
ordinance , for more information.
The cities of Sacramento, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Citrus Heights,
and Rancho Cordova each
have their own stormwater ordinances which have similar requirements and prohibitions.
Back to Storm Water Program main page